Amazon Tech Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Upcoming events - Open Mobile Summit and WiMAX Forum

Posted on 01:15 by Unknown
I've got another couple of important mobile industry events coming up over the next couple of weeks.

In particular, the second Open Mobile Summit is taking place in London on 10th & 11th June. The first one, at the end of 2008 in San Francisco, was a pretty good read across the whole of the industry, covering most of the various types of "openness" from net neutrality to smartphone OS's to open spectrum and white space.

I've doing a "fireside chat" with Truphone's CEO Geraldine Wilson, and will also sitting in the audience asking nasty questions to most of the other speakers as well.

The other parts of the agenda looks good this time as well, and I'm especially looking forward to seeing friend & fellow cynic James Enck chairing the first day.

If you're interested in going - tell 'em I sent you.

Also upcoming next week is the WiMAX Forum summit in Amsterdam. I'll be talking about the potential for new business models emerging around the technology. Should be interesting to compare with LTE last week.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Number 1 problem for "seamless" models of WiFi offload / network selection
    I frequently argue against the assumption that "seamless" connection to WiFi is practical or desirable, especially for the general...
  • Mobile social networking - how I'll know when it's going mainstream....
    This falls into the category of "amusing personal anecdotes" rather than "rigorous industry analysis". But it also refle...
  • Part of Nokia's problem - making Ovi compelling
    I've got a Nokia Ovi account somewhere. Signed up for it ages ago, to play around with the Ovi Store when I had an N97 to play with, ba...
  • Putting a value on customer data with reference to offload
    There continues to be a ferocious discussion about AT&T's new data plans - and also, as I commented a couple of weeks ago, about the...
  • BT WiFi smartphone application
    I've just seen BT's announcement of its new iPhone and Android app, offering free WiFi access at its Openzone and FON hotspots to i...
  • Android - the retail experience
    I just stopped off at my local branch of Carphone Warehouse on a whim, to have a quick look at what's being sold and how. (By coincidenc...
  • The Novatel MiFi - possibilities for new mobile broadband business models
    OK, I realise that I've been a bit grumpy and critical of some things recently. But before everyone assumes I'm getting more cantank...
  • For telcos, "Monetising OTT" is about distribution partnerships & revshare, not QoS or termination fees
    A couple of years ago, I moderated a panel session at a conference on broadband business models and "traffic management". It was o...
  • An update on @DApremium - the world's first paid Twitter channel. Now available with quarterly or annual subscriptions
    It's now been six weeks since I announced the launch of @DApremium , my second Twitter stream - one which is available only to paid subs...
  • The risks of ignorance-based pricing strategies for telecoms
    Almost exactly 5 years ago, I wrote a blog post cutting through the myth of "value-based pricing" in the telecoms industry. It fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (31)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2012 (46)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2011 (73)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2010 (130)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (19)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ▼  2009 (126)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ▼  May (14)
      • Mobile broadband - a lack of loyalty built-in?
      • Does the mobile network standards process inhibit ...
      • Upcoming events - Open Mobile Summit and WiMAX Forum
      • LTE for heavy mobile broadband users? A paradox
      • LTE, mobile broadband & SMS - VoLGA vs. IMS
      • Evolved Packet Core in LTE
      • Are there risks associated with an LTE "monoculture"?
      • Microsoft - bearer-aware applications are the way ...
      • At the LTE Summit. With a herd of elephants in the...
      • Can mobile operators revenue-share with handset ve...
      • Piracy, Net Neutrality & DPI - Imminent Failure
      • Thoughts on managed ID services by mobile operators
      • Ubiquisys and Intrinsyc - femto-aware Android phones
      • Reconnecting again!
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (15)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2008 (94)
    • ►  December (24)
    • ►  November (26)
    • ►  October (25)
    • ►  September (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile