Amazon Tech Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 23 May 2011

Future of Voice Masterclasses: June 30th Santa Clara, July 14th London

Posted on 08:39 by Unknown
NEW: Download the Future of Voice flyer here

Regular readers of this blog and my Twitter stream ( @disruptivedean ) will have noticed an increase in focus on voice and communications services and applications in the last couple of months. I've also written a guest post for Visionmobile on The Future of Voice, and last week spoke at the LTE World Summit in Amsterdam about Voice, VoLTE and the Future of Personal Communications. (A copy of my presentation can be downloaded here)

So, I am pleased to formally announce the first Future of Voice masterclass, which I am launching in collaboration with Martin Geddes. The event will be held at Intel's headquarters in Santa Clara on 30th June, the day after the eComm conference (which I would exhort people to make every effort to attend - I'm speaking about telcos' own-brand OTT services)

To book a space for the first event on June 30th, click here

The event is not going to be a one-way bombardment of slides, but will instead be a mix of presentation, collaborative group exercises and realtime consultation with Martin & myself. We are aiming for 20-25 people with a diverse mix of operators, vendors, Internet companies and other market stakeholders.

In terms of themes, we will be covering new business models and delivery technologies for voice, including:
  • The difference between "voice" and "telephony" - and what that means for telco and Internet companies
  • Delivering voice on LTE and "direct-to-cloud" voice on fixed networks
  • Understanding "voice as a service" and the new fragmented voice landscape - particularly after the Microsoft/Skype deal.
  • How to make money from free voice and messaging with B2C unified comms
For details of the event, please contact me at information AT disruptive-analysis DOT com, and I can send you a copy of the event flyer, and pricing information.

If you can't make it to California, then there is an event in London on 14th July (venue TBC) and US East Coast, probably the week after Labor Day.

To book a space for the second event in London on July 14th, click here

I look forward to seeing some of you there!

Download the Future of Voice flyer here


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Number 1 problem for "seamless" models of WiFi offload / network selection
    I frequently argue against the assumption that "seamless" connection to WiFi is practical or desirable, especially for the general...
  • Mobile social networking - how I'll know when it's going mainstream....
    This falls into the category of "amusing personal anecdotes" rather than "rigorous industry analysis". But it also refle...
  • Part of Nokia's problem - making Ovi compelling
    I've got a Nokia Ovi account somewhere. Signed up for it ages ago, to play around with the Ovi Store when I had an N97 to play with, ba...
  • Putting a value on customer data with reference to offload
    There continues to be a ferocious discussion about AT&T's new data plans - and also, as I commented a couple of weeks ago, about the...
  • BT WiFi smartphone application
    I've just seen BT's announcement of its new iPhone and Android app, offering free WiFi access at its Openzone and FON hotspots to i...
  • Android - the retail experience
    I just stopped off at my local branch of Carphone Warehouse on a whim, to have a quick look at what's being sold and how. (By coincidenc...
  • The Novatel MiFi - possibilities for new mobile broadband business models
    OK, I realise that I've been a bit grumpy and critical of some things recently. But before everyone assumes I'm getting more cantank...
  • For telcos, "Monetising OTT" is about distribution partnerships & revshare, not QoS or termination fees
    A couple of years ago, I moderated a panel session at a conference on broadband business models and "traffic management". It was o...
  • An update on @DApremium - the world's first paid Twitter channel. Now available with quarterly or annual subscriptions
    It's now been six weeks since I announced the launch of @DApremium , my second Twitter stream - one which is available only to paid subs...
  • The risks of ignorance-based pricing strategies for telecoms
    Almost exactly 5 years ago, I wrote a blog post cutting through the myth of "value-based pricing" in the telecoms industry. It fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (31)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2012 (46)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ▼  2011 (73)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ▼  May (9)
      • Gaming the new peering arrangements - will non-neu...
      • Future of Voice Masterclasses: June 30th Santa Cla...
      • Thoughts from the LTE World Summit
      • Telcos paying OTT players - balance of payments wi...
      • Another reason why app / service based pricing for...
      • Microsoft + Skype + Nokia = NextGen 4G Mobile VoIP...
      • My Top 10 blog posts from the past few years
      • Business model innovation in mobile broadband - th...
      • Is KPN about to hit the Net Neutrality "suicide bu...
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2010 (130)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (19)
    • ►  May (19)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2009 (126)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (21)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (15)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2008 (94)
    • ►  December (24)
    • ►  November (26)
    • ►  October (25)
    • ►  September (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile